- The answer should be written on the UPSC format Answer sheet.
- The answer can be uploaded at the upload section (kindly upload answer in PDF format using a cam scanner or any other scanning app) provided below the questions set.
- Answer hints shall be uploaded the next day at 6.00pm on the same page.
- Personal feedback shall be sent at the email provided by the candidates.
- Fill all the required information correctly.
QUESTIONS GEOGRAPHY-1: Mains Answer Writing Programme
Q1. What is “Bombogenesis” or “Bomb cyclone”? Examine why great plains of the USA are experiencing unusually extreme flood conditions these days.
Q2. What is north Atlantic drift current? Explain the weakening of the North Atlantic drift current.
Q3. “Glaciers are an extensive and silent agent of landform formation.” Discuss the above statement by giving examples of various types of landforms of glaciation.
Q4. Recently scientists from the “National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and Louisiana State University” have predicted that this spring’s record rainfall would produce one of the largest-ever “dead zone” in the Gulf of Mexico. In light of the above statement, what are the impacts of dead zones and how they can be reduced?
Q5. Explain the reason for the formation of a severe and mature cyclone like fani. What are the various impacts? Also, draw the trajectory of the cyclone.
Closed but you can discuss and share your answer below.